Monday, October 26, 2015

The Challange & I

Good morning everyone!
I want to thank Leo for thinking I'm an interesting person and tagging me.

Let's get started!

11 fact about me:
1. I refused to eat fish until last year (when I was 20), and except fish I've never eaten sea creatures (and ever will).
2. In the 11th grade I worked in a shoe store in Dizengoff Center mall in TLV. I could still come up to a lady in the street and tell her the company and the model of her shoes (e.g. Republic 805).
3. I hate my name, but I'll never change it.
4. I used to sing in the conservatory quire for 10 years (I'm a mezzo-soprano), and was even a soloist. I graduated in 2012 and got a 95 score in my Bagrut in singing.
5. In the 10th grade I hosted a girl my age from L.A for 3 months! I couldn't stand her and I waited for her to leave.
6. I used to work as a guide in a summer dog training camp for kids in kibbutz Afikim, near the Kinneret.
7. My feet are not the same size (R-37, L-38), but I do manage to buy shoes. True story.
(Taken from a diary of a shoe seller in Dizengoff Center)
8. I'm an only child, and so I promised myself to have at least 3 kids.
9. In addition to my skills in teaching, I'm also a professional makeup artist.
10. My first time out of the country was to Paris, when I was 2 years old. My daughter's first time out of the country was to Paris, when I was 5.5 months pregnant.
11. I write, or I used to write, poetry (in Hebrew).




11 answers to Leo's 11 questions:
1) My favorite day of the week is Shabbat, when I can be with my husband and my daughter without any interferences.
2) My Gmail account and Facebook. However, lately I open Ynet too.
3) I say I would probably be a cat, But my husband says I would be an ant.
4) I would like to know French.
5) I would like to visit Istanbul, Turkey, because my grandparents grew up there.
6) I don't watch T.V, and I don't even have one at home, but I used to watch Ugly Betty.
7) No, I havn't. It could be a nice experience, though.
8) It's my third year at the college, and my favorite course so far was actually in the Hebrew department, 'leshonot bemaga' (languages in contact?!). It dealt with the unique consequences of having two or more languages spoken in the same time in the same place.
9) see side, because I grew up next to Metzitzim beach in TLV, and it makes me feel at home (remind me again what am I doing in Jerusalem?!).
10) Definitely beer. Carlsberg, please. :P
11) How I became religious. End of discussion J




My 11 questions:
1. What's your favorite item in your closet, and why?  (Please add a photo if you can)
2. What makes you feel lucky?
3. Which song makes you cry?
4. When is your birthday? When is your Hebraic birthday?
5. Karaoke night / Pajamas party?
6. What book has left an impression on you?
7. Driving a racing car/ riding a horse?
8. Where in the world are you willing to travel without a tour guide book?
9. If you could live in a movie, which movie would it be?
10. The ability of speaking to animals/ the ability to read men's minds? And why (of course)
11. How are you planning to celebrate graduating David Yellin College?

Avigayil Haviv- you've been tagged!


20 comments:

  1. Thank you for your 11 facts and answers. I didn't know you were an interesting person (but now I know that you are!). You see, many other students have taken other courses with me but you were one of those I hadn't met before that's why I chose you.

    Re no. 11: I go to Istanbul almost every year and I am going there again in a couple of weeks for my birthday weekend. In fact, I used to live there.

    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess eveyone is intresting, so it was just a joke, but it is nice you noticed it's my first course with you. I wish to have a chance to go there soon, hopefully with my grandparents. besides the fact they were born and raised there, I've heared it's a beautiful city. If you could bring photos from your trip that would be wonderful! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Maya!
    Although this is the third year we study together, I discovered many new things about you. But now you made me curious - how did you become religious? :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting :)
    I did have some exciting experiences throughout my 21 years.
    Looking forward for your post! I bet you too have some interesting things to share with us :)
    let's talk about my chazara betshuva on a cup of yogurt ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have a TV at home, umm that's very interesting. Can you explain the reason? I honestly can't imagine my life without it.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I just find watching TV as a waist of time for me. I do watch the news and some specific TV programs every once in a while... I prefer reading books and listening to music :)
      Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
    2. Agree. Don't have TV either. I mean Ii have a TV set but no cable package. Who needs it really when you have everything online (YouTube etc.) This way you watch what you want rather just sitting on the sofa and mindlessly skipping channels. A waste of time indeed.
      L

      Delete
    3. Agree. Don't have TV either. I mean Ii have a TV set but no cable package. Who needs it really when you have everything online (YouTube etc.) This way you watch what you want rather just sitting on the sofa and mindlessly skipping channels. A waste of time indeed.
      L

      Delete
  5. Hi Maya,
    Interesting post! Fish go great with beer by the way. I am willing to give you
    my secret recipes if you ask nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you do?!?!!
      please share one with everyone when you're tagged! and till then, you're most welcome to share some with me :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Maya,
    Interesting post! Fish go great with beer by the way. I am willing to give you
    my secret recipes if you ask nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that Maya and Adir!
      Fish is one of my favourite things. Therefore, I enjoy going to the fishmonger in the market, so I can pick and choose whatever I fancy cooking.
      PS. Fish and beer is yummy!

      Delete
  7. Hi Maya,
    Nice photo! Where was this taken?
    Etti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was taken at the gardens of Versailles Palace. one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to!

      Delete
  8. Hey Maya, interesting answers. So why you resented the girl from LA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went on a two-weeks delegation to LA in the 8th grade, and also hosted the girl i was staying at. it was an amazing experience. apparentely, not all delegations are quite delight. :\

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your grandparents were from Turkey, probably you know how to cook Jewish Turkish food?
      It's Dilara

      Delete
  10. Maya you should taste sushi. It's soooo good!

    ReplyDelete