Monday, June 20, 2016

Talking about myself - I'm dreading this!

I'm finally doing this!

1. When my kids (my students) ask me how old I am, I say I am one hundred and four years old!
Actually, I'm somewhat older than Leo!
2. I hate talking about myself; therefore, this is hell and very much invasive!
3. I filed for a divorce, and was granted my freedom in no time.
4. I'm on Sabbatical, and I'm worried and scared of not knowing how things will turn out next year. 
5. I have been taking fashion designing classes in Shenkar off-and-on for several years. I am a women's clothing pattern designer, and I love spending time on my own sketching patterns and making dresses. 
6. I'm studying to be a patisserie chef (pastry chef), and at this point I've received a letter of reference for apprenticeship in a bakery or a hotel. 
7. Sometime back, one of my cakes and yours truly, were in the Jerusalem local paper.Yummy sensual red velvet! This had nothing to do with the course I'm taking. 


8. I'm a big Matthew Hussey fan and my male friends keep on telling me that I'm telling everyone how to get the guy -;) 
9. My middle name is feisty, Joe and it is now official that I am Miss Procrastinator! Thank YOU for that!
10. I like flying solo and one of my former principals said that I am an individualist. You may choose to agree or disagree! 
11. I am a Master Chef, but I refuse to be signed up for the T.V. show! 

My response to Maisa's questions  

1 .  If you win the lottery what would you do with the money?
If I hit the jackpot, and I will be done with taxes, I’ll give some of the money to non profit fund and charity who will train and provide work for the poor. Then, I’ll make sure to hire the best caregiver for my parents. After that, I shall open my own restaurant and my own boutique for women’s clothing.

2 . If you go back in time would you change something you did in your life? Why?
Yes, I would definitely change a number of things. One of which would have been not marrying the man I was mistaken to believe to be the best for me. Don’t ask, but the Welsh seem to see a lot of sheep L
The other would have been not putting in so much effort to get myself educated in wrong fields.

3 .  If you won a ticket to Hollywood which famous actor would you like to meet? Why? 
Hollywood? Maisa, what on earth would I do there? I’m not much of a famous Hollywood person. Therefore, I don’t think I would have wanted to meet any of them.

4 .  Where did you travel? Where do you wish to travel and who will you take with you? Why? 
I suppose you are referring to places outside of Israel. If so, I have been to Belgium, the UK, India, Canada and the States (I haven’t done the grand tour like you, just NYC and Ohio).
I guess I’d like to go to the land of the Kiwis aka New Zealand, South Africa and several exotic places I can go sightseeing i.e. Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Bali. Though I would have liked to take my dad to India and other countries, I’m very happy travelling on my own. I guess I may let a man who would be my close friend to come along.  

5 . When you were a child what was your dream?
Funny that you ask  since I have recently made it my business to achieve my long lasting dreams which are for now cooking and fashion designing. At the time, I was sure I would do it all, get married, have a family and be a teacher. Now, I as I have discovered my strength again, I want to go wild… 

6 . Why have you decided to become a teacher?
That’s a good question! At first I use to say that being a teacher and evermore so and English teacher was boring, but then my nana use to say that a teacher is a noble profession (she studied English Lit. but was never a teacher). So there I went to become a visual studies (cinema and journalism) teacher. It was only later on that I was told I’d be a great English teacher, so I went back to school. Don’t get me wrong, indeed I am an amazing teacher, just that it took a lot of work and investment just like any other relationship.

7 . What kinds of sport you like?
I’m not big fun of any games or sports Maisa; however, my dad was an athlete. He won many medals in a various competitions back in India. Since I mentioned India, you may ask about cricket. Well,  he dislikes it. Yours truly, on the other hand never liked exercise, to be exact up until two years ago, when I made a brave decision of working with a personal instructor (trainer). Working with TRX and pushing myself to the point of pain, helped me get stronger.  

8. Name 5 of your best movies.
 I barely watch any movies nowadays, but if you insist, I recall The Shawshank Redemption being one of the movies which left me speechless and pensive. There are others as well, but nothing comes up to my mind right now.


9 . What kind of cars you like?
I wish I could answer this question. I honestly don’t know. Maybe one day, I’ll manage to do so.

10 .  What subject do you like to teach in English? Why?
In English? I find the world of English Children's Lit. fascinating.
  
11 . What is your favourite dish?
Now you are talking Maisa! I’m a big foodie (I like making it rather than eating it), yet I’m actually having trouble picking on dish. Let me see now, I’m very keen of fish especially tuna carpaccio, chicken soup, steak with a green salad and out of the vast amount of desserts I know to make, I guess crème brulee ( with coconut cream and not milk because I’m lactose intolerant). I like tasting new stuff. My palate loves tasting exciting things. For instance, I recently had a watermelon rind pickle! 

My Eleven Questions

1. Had you inherited a house, what would you have done with it?
2. Are you a person who cares about what people think? How do you deal with it? 
3. Had you had a crazy neighbour aka who played loud music late at night, would you have called the police knowing that he may react in a 'unfriendly' manner if he found out it's you?
4. If you would have had the choice between spending more time with your parents or your siblings, what would it be?
5. You bought an expensive brand perfume, and only realized when you got home that the cashier gave you way too much change. What would you have done? 
6. Savory or sweet, what are your preferences and why?
7. Name three of your favourite songs / albums / musical pieces, not something you listen to frequently, but rather something that has left an impression on you!
8. What would have caused you to break up with your boyfriend? Where do you draw the line?
9. What's your (perfume) fragrance, sweet, fresh or spicy? 
10. Do you like cooking a storm? If so, what do you like making most?
11. Do you have a soulmate? If so, who is he / she? 


Last but not least,
Ilana, you are tagged! 





 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's interesting. How do you manage to have some many interests at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Alina :)
      I was always into visual things and occupations which required presentable aspects. I believe we all have different interests in life, we just have to be open to learning them and ourselves. I'm very fond of cooking and designing clothes (even men's clothing,though it is a bit dull).
      What would you say if I told you that it isn't all? For instance, that I like gardening as well?
      Alina,the English Inspector once said about me that I am like a sponge, I love learning... Yet, it is time to do the things that we indulge with, what gives as pleasure and that we would LIKE to do!
      PS. If we earn money by doing so, I don't have any objection. Do you?

      Delete
  2. Wow, what kinda cake was it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aya,
      It is a Red Velvet (so damn yummy and sexy)!

      Delete